Wright Researcher Alphathon
Wright Researcher Alphathon
Welcome to the Wright Researcher program rulebook!
Through our strategy simulation competition, also referred to as Wright Researcher Program, you can build your own quant strategies! And as you participate, the top entries will win exciting rewards!
Check out example submissions here: Example submissions
Signup for the Alphathon at: Wright Simulator page
Contest is running live till 1st August 2021
- The top participants will win:
- Cash Prizes (Ranks 1-3)
- Free Wright Research Portfolio Subscriptions (Rank 4-10)
- Total reward pool is up to 1 lac INR
- Top performers in the competition might also be approached by Wright Research for internship
- The top participants will be featured on a leaderboard
- The free subscription will be provided with the due process of risk profiling & KYC
- An individual participant who wishes to join in the competition must be over eighteen (18) years of age and not prohibited from participating by any law, agreement, binding obligation or policy. You are responsible for obtaining any permissions necessary for you to participate.
- You must first create an account on the website and apply for the simulator and be approved by the system.
- There is no fee to register.
- Participant further agrees not to use any illegal, offensive, inflammatory, abusive, libelous, defamatory, discriminatory, obscene or otherwise inappropriate image, language or other content in their profile or post it on the site.
- Participant represents and warrants that the Entry does not violate any agreement or obligation to any invention assignment, proprietary information, confidentiality, non-solicitation, noncompetition or similar agreement with any employer or other person.
- Participant represents and warrants that the Entry is and will be Participant’s own original work and does not and will not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party patents, copyrights or trademarks.
- Participant assigns and transfers and agrees to assign and transfer to Wright Research all right, title, and interest in and to Participant’s Entry and consequently Sponsor will have all rights to copy, edit, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast, publish and use, in whole or in part, any Entry, in any manner without further compensation during and after the Alphathon.
- The participant accumulates points by building predictive models (alphas) using historical market data and predefined operators to simulate trading positions, assigning weights to tradable securities based on a prediction of the expected returns in the next defined trading period. Alphas are considered for scoring if they qualify for out-of-sample testing. Each qualifying alpha is scored based on its performance against other alphas in the system.
- A leader board will show the ranking of each participant in the competition.
Sponsored by Wright Research (“Sponsor”). THE SIMULATOR IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY PARTICIPATING, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. Eligibility: The Simulator is open to individuals (i) who are at least eighteen years old and (ii) who are invited by sponsors to participate in the Alphathon. Participation in the Alphathon constitutes Participant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”). The term “you” refers to you, the “Participant”. Prizes and Awards: The prizes and awards to be awarded are as follows: The Participants whose Entries are awarded the top three (3) highest scores by the judges will be featured by Wright Research on the website & social media pages Publicity: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Alphathon, Participant consents to the use of his/her name, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to Participant (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, Sponsor’s website at http://www.wrightresearch.in, and any of the Sponsor’s social media accounts or outlets without additional compensation. Ownership of Entries: Participant represents and warrants that the Entry does not violate any agreement or obligation to any invention assignment, proprietary information, confidentiality, non-solicitation, noncompetition or similar agreement with any employer or other person. Participant represents and warrants that the Entry is and will be Participant’s own original work and does not and will not infringe the intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, any third party patents, copyrights or trademarks. Participant hereby agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim or lawsuit against the Sponsor, or any other person, on the grounds that any use of a Participant’s Entry, infringes any of Participant’s rights as creator of the Entry, including, without limitation, trademark rights, copyrights and moral rights or “droit moral.” Participant hereby assigns and transfers and agrees to assign and transfer to Sponsor all right, title, and interest in and to Participant’s Entry and consequently Sponsor will have all rights to copy, edit, publicly display, publicly perform, broadcast, publish and use, in whole or in part, any Entry, in any manner without further compensation during and after the Alphathon. At Sponsor’s request and expense, Participant will assist and cooperate with Sponsor in all respects to execute documents, and will take such further acts reasonably requested by Sponsor to enable Sponsor to acquire, transfer, maintain, perfect and enforce their intellectual property rights and other legal protections for the Entry. Participant hereby appoints the officers of Sponsor as Participant’s attorney-in-fact to execute documents on behalf of Participant for this limited purpose. Nothing herein shall constitute an employment, joint venture, or partnership relationship between Participant and Sponsor. Participants will not receive any compensation from Sponsor in connection with any Entries. Each Participant acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor or other Participants or third parties may have developed or commissioned works which are similar to the Entry of Participant or Participant’s team, or may develop something similar in the future, and each Participant waives any claims that Participant may have resulting from any similarities to the Entry of Participant or Participant’s team. Indemnity: agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Alphathon, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in the Alphathon or acceptance or use of a prize or parts thereof, including without limitation (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Alphathon to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) any claim than an Entry infringes third party intellectual property or proprietary rights; (iii) any disputes among team members, (iv) any injuries, losses, or damages (compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the prize, or from participation in the Alphathon; (v) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Alphathon; technical errors that may impair your ability to participate in the Alphathon; or (vi) errors in the administration of the Alphathon. DISCLAIMER. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE Alphathon, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. General: The Alphathon is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The Alphathon is offered by Sponsor, which is not responsible for (i) late, lost, damaged, incomplete, or misdirected Entries, responses, or other correspondence, whether by e-mail or postal mail or otherwise; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of Entries; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Alphathon in whole or in part, in the event of fraud, technical or other difficulties or if the integrity of the Alphathon is compromised, without liability to the Participants. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Participant, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. These Terms are governed by the law of the State of Maharashtra without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Alphathon or the Terms must be brought in either the federal or state courts located in the Mumbai, Maharashtra. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.